Delicious in Dungeon aka Dungeon Meshi, a Japanese fantasy comedy is set to bring its television anime adaptation to the fans. Published by Enterbrain’s Harta magazine, this manga is filled with comic elements, cooking imagery, and fantasy. The series was first published on February 15, 2014, and after almost eight years of continuous success, Studio Trigger has taken responsibility for its first-ever anime adaptation. Studio Trigger is popular for Kill la Kill, Promare, and the upcoming Cyberpunk Edgerunners.
Ryōko Kui’s manga currently has 12 volumes released for its readers and it is interesting to notice how foods play an important role in this manga series. Every volume has chapters named after foods such as Hot Pot, Omelet, Stewed Cabbage, Sorbet, Porridge, Stew, Egg, Dumplings, and many more. We can also notice a few cooking expressions being used as names of the chapters; ‘Boiled in Salt Water’, ‘Broiled with Sauce, etc’. The cooking terms come to the plot as the band of warriors try to survive in the dungeon by cooking the monsters and eating them to stay alive.
Is there a Delicious in Dungeon anime trailer?
The trailer of the Delicious in Dungeon anime adaptation or Dungeon Meshi anime is not out yet. It is speculated that the trailer will be released once the production process finishes by Studio Trigger.
However, a teaser visual for Delicious in Dungeon anime was released on the official website and on the official Twitter account.
The visual doesn’t reveal much except the Delicious and Dungeon characters sitting together around a meal and someone keeping an eye on them from a distance.
Delicious in Dungeon anime production will not be Studio Trigger’s first encounter with the story. It all started in 2019 when Trigger animated a commercial to promote Volume 9 of the Delicious in Dungeon manga. Check out 3oseconds teaser below
What will be Delicious in Dungeon anime plot?
The story takes place in a fantasy world of dungeons where guilds arrive to raid the dungeon. They also hope to find the mysterious golden kingdom one day because it is considered to be a treasure. A group of six explorers tries to kill a dragon but they end up losing Laios’s sister Falin to a monster’s stomach. Laios and the rest of the surviving members try to rescue his sister before she is digested in the stomach.
During this time they lose most of the supplies that they need to survive including rations and now the explorers come to a decision that they would kill the monsters for food. If only they had Falin with them at this time they could use her magic to be teleported to a safe place. Luckily they meet a dwarf Senshi who is living proof of survival, he has 10 years of experience in cooking monsters.
It would be interesting to see how Delicious in Dungeon anime brings this story alive on television.
What will be the Delicious in Dungeon anime release date?
While there is no selected dungeon meshi anime release date announced for the adaptation, the rumors have it that the production of this anime is currently under process by Studio Trigger. If everything goes on smoothly the fans will have this anime on television sooner than expected.
A well-trusted source on Twitter @Spanku_u revealed on August 2 that Delicious in Dungeon is getting a TV adaptation. Later the official website of the anime confirmed it.
The official announcement of a release date is yet to be disclosed.
Where can you watch Delicious in Dungeon Episode 1?
Since nothing much has been released by the developing team the fans now look forward to the official trailer and the posters. Also, the television broadcast schedule is yet to be disclosed. It is most likely that Crunchyroll, Hulu, or Netflix will be adding the Delicious in Dungeon anime to their streaming list later on.
Delicious in Dungeon characters
We briefly introduced the characters above in the plot but let’s get to know them in detail to understand what the anime adaptation will have in store for its audience.
• Laios: Laios is a tall man with golden eyes and blonde hair. We often see him on the poster of Delicious in Dungeon holding a spatula and a pan. He is a very strong warrior and he is known to be the leader of the explorers. He always had a desire to cook monsters and eat them. He is a very intelligent and calm human being. He sometimes speaks very quickly whenever he is excited. His sister Falin gets in the stomach of a monster and Laios tries his techniques to rescue his sister before she is digested. The knowledge he gained from cooking the monsters became a valuable technique in defeating the monsters in the dungeon.
• Falin: Falin is the younger sister of Laios. She gets eaten by a red dragon after she teleports the rest of the gang to safety. The rest of the story revolves around Laios and the rest of the party who embark on a journey to rescue Falin before she gets digested in the dragon’s stomach.
• Izutsumi: Dungeon meshi Izutsumi is one of the members of Laois’ party. She has feline features as a result of a curse. We see her having cat ears and black fur on most parts of her body. She even owns a tail that is white at the top. She is not an aggressive person but she hates being shown physical affection. She is determined to find someone who can take off the curse. We also see her being a picky eater.
• Senshi: Senshi is a dwarf warrior of the Laios’ party. He dreams of cooking the red dragon. Senshi is a great cook with a variety of knowledge about the dragons of the dungeon. He is in charge of cooking for the party and makes sure they are well-fed.
• Marcille: Marcille is a half-elf magician and one of the members of Laios’ party. She wishes to create a safe dungeon someday. She is very much confident in her magic and she feels upset whenever she fails to help the party with her magic. Besides flash spells, water spells, and protection spells she uses explosion spells to defeat her enemies. She is also an expert at doing black magic and she uses her expertise to revive Falin back from the dead.
Summing it up
The good news is that Delicious in Dungeon is finally getting its long-awaited anime adaptation. The chatters about the upcoming anime series were first shared by a few social media accounts and later an official announcement sealed the deal for the fans. The manga, Delicious in Dungeon by Ryōko Kui is an absolute fan favorite and if the production process is done right the anime adaptation will also be a huge success.
Stay tuned for updates on Delicious in Dungeon and all the good stuff from your favorite titles. In the meantime, don’t forget to let us know your picks from Summer 2022 anime releases and let us know all you plan to watch in the upcoming season!