The Crunchyroll and Adult Swim co-production Blade Runner Black Lotus has announced its English and Japanese Voice cast and we’re here for it. Based on Scott Ridley’s Blade Runner (1982) The events of the series take place after Blade Runner 2022 Black out which was aired in 2017 before the release of Blade Runner 2049. A female replicant named Ellie will be the protagonist of this upcoming anime series.
Shinki Aramaki of Ultraman fame and Kenji Kamiyama of Ghost in Shell Stand Alone Complex fame will be the directors for Blade Runner Black Lotus. The series will also feature some familiar characters from the Blade Runner Universe. The plot details for the anime have not been revealed yet but the series will be set in 2032. The series will contain 13 episodes and insights about the content of the anime are informed only by the character descriptions shared at this point.
Blade Runner 2049: Black Out 2022 Short
Cast for Blade Runner Black Lotus
- Arisa Shida/ Jessica Henwick as Elle, a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose
- Shinshū Fuji/ Will Yun Lee as Joseph, a mysterious figure who owns a spare parts junkyard in Los Angeles
- Takaya Hashi/ Brian Cox as Niander Wallace Sr, founder and CEO of the Wallace Corporation
- Takako Honda/ Samira Wiley as Alani Davis, a fresh LAPD recruit
- Taiten Kusunoki/ Josh Duhamel as Marlowe, a deadly Blade Runner
- Takehito Koyasu/ Wes Bentley as Niander Wallace Jr, a brilliant scientist working for his father
- Yoshiko Sakakibara/ Peyton List as Josephine Grant, the wife of the police chief
- Hochu Otsuka/ Stephen Root as Earl Grant, Police Chief of the LAPD
- Masane Tsukayama/ Gregg Henry as Senator Bannister, a politician with strong feelings on replicant production.
- Akio Nojima / Henry Czerny as Doctor M, a brilliant doctor and professor of medicine
- Kazuki Yao/ Jason Spisak as Hooper, a journalist in the pocket of the Wallace Corporation
- Takayuki Kinba/ Barkhad Abdi as Doc Badger, a black market dealer
Blade Runner is an adaptation of Philip Dick’s novel “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep”. The 1982 movie starring Harrison Ford is a cult classic and a landmark film in defining the noir genre. IMDb rates the Movie as 8.1/10. The sequel Blade Runner 2049 was released in 2017.